Friday, November 30, 2012

DEEP DISH PECAN PIE

Is there one recipe that just kicks your butt?  Never turns out right, or is such a struggle it isn't worth it?  For me, it's pumpkin pie.  I have no idea why something so simple gives me so much trouble.  If I had any sense, I would be embarrassed.  But since I don't like pumpkin pie, it doesn't matter to me.  ;)

But I do like pecan pie, and for some reason, I always thought it was difficult.  I avoided baking one for years, but this Thanksgiving I decided to give it a whirl.  Mama gave me her recipe years ago, but I'm still not ready to tackle homemade pie crust (maybe next year), so when we got home from the store I realized we had bought the deep dish pie crust.  At first, I thought this might be a tragedy, but a little extra this and that, and everything turned out great and everyone liked it.  Yay!

DEEP DISH PECAN PIE

1 C Karo Dark Corn Syrup
3 eggs, beaten
1/8 tsp salt
2 Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 C chopped pecans
1 tsp vanilla
Marie Callender's Frozen Deep Dish Pie Shell, unbaked

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix first 6 ingredients together.  Pour into pie shell.  Bake in center of oven for 60 minutes.  Cool for at least 2 hours before serving.  

NOTE:  Pie shells come in packs of two, so you'll either want to bake two pecan pies or leave one in the freezer for a later use.  Leave the pie shells in the freezer until you're ready to use them.  Also, this recipe will taste best if you use real vanilla flavoring, not imitation.  

 Looks good, right?  :)

 music to cook by

"Joy To The World" - Whitney Houston

 Until next time, Happy Cooking!  :)

****************************************************************************************************

"Remember, if Christmas isn't found in your heart, you won't find it under a tree."
~ Charlotte Carpenter

**************************************************************************

2 comments:

AddThis

Pin It