Wednesday, February 9, 2011

LAST MEAL REQUESTS - GARLIC CHEESE BALL

I have been reading through other people's blogs, and I found the most fascinating blog.  It's called "Dead Man Eating" (or something like that), and this guy posts the last meal requests of condemned inmates. I don't know where he gets his information, or more importantly, what he was doing when he decided this would be a good idea, but I gotta tell you, it's interesting.  You know how you don't want to look at an accident scene, but you have to look anyway?  It's like that.  I start reading, and I can't quit.  These people have dreamed up some interesting menus; probably all that time on their hands, I guess.....

But two things really jumped out at me.  (1)  They all wanted a ton of fried foods.  Now, that totally makes sense to me.  At this  point, they aren't worried about their health, so why not eat everything you're not supposed to eat, right?  But all at once?  One man requested twenty four hot bbq chicken wings, two cheeseburgers with everything, four slices of pizza with jalapenos, three slices of buttered toast, one sweet potato pie, sherbert rainbow ice cream and twelve Dr. Pepper.   Which brings me to point (2)  Dr. Pepper.  Why is Dr Pepper the drink of choice among condemned inmates?  And, even more importantly, what does it say about me that Dr. Pepper is, in fact, MY favorite drink?  Does this mean that there is a crazed axe-wielding maniac trapped inside of me just waiting to get out?  Or, and I like this better, does this mean that I choose to live each day as if it were my last?  Do I seize the moment, Dr Pepper in one hand and candy bar in the other?  That's what I prefer to think.....But don't upset me, just in case....   ; )

Okay, enough of that.  Today, I made a Garlic Cheese Ball.  No good reason, but we did get a new movie  from Netflix today.  Par-tay, people!  So, I made the most wonderful cheese ball ever.  It's extra special because it requires Kraft Roka Blue Cheese Spread, which they don't make anymore.  But, they brought it back during the 2010 holiday season for a limited time only, and I bought all the jars I could find.  And I will now ration them out carefully. 

My mom thinks this blog will give people the idea she didn't teach me to cook, so I have to give her credit on this one.  I got this recipe from her, and she got it from her friend Juanita.  Now Mom, everyone knows you taught me to make a cheese ball!  : )

GARLIC CHEESE BALL

1- jar Kraft Roka Blue Cheese spread
1-jar Kraft Old English Cheese spread
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1-clove garlic, minced
1-small onion, minced
Parsley
Finely chopped nuts


Mix first six ingredients well and roll into ball or log and cover with fine nuts.



Don't get bent out of shape if it doesn't, well, shape up right.  I think mine is more of a cheese lump than a cheese ball.  But, hey, it still tastes good! 

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )
Don’t count the days, make the days count. -Muhammad Ali

CONTACT ME 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It