Monday, March 7, 2011

SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN DRUMETTES

Well, it's Monday.  Time to start a new week of blogging.  : )  There's a lot going on around here for the next couple of weeks, so my slow cooker is probably going to be playing a major role in my next few posts.  Today I'm trying out a new recipe for teriyaki chicken drumettes.  I found the original recipe on CD Kitchen, and adapted it to  my preferences, not to mention what I have in my pantry.  The cool thing about their website is that you can change the amount of servings and it calculates the measurements for you.  Great for the math-challenged among us, namely me.  LOL

So, before we start, here is your music to cook by:

SLOW COOKER TERIYAKI CHICKEN DRUMETTES

Ingredients:
1 1/5 pound chicken drumettes
1/2 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
4/5 teaspoon ground ginger
4/5 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp white wine vinegar

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Place drumettes on broiler pan. Broil 4-5 inches from the heat for 20 minutes, 10 minutes for each side or until chicken is brown.
Transfer chicken to slow cooker. Mix together onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and vinegar in bowl. Pour over chicken.
Cover and cook on Low 5-6 hours or on HIGH 2-3 hours. Stir chicken  once to ensure sauce is evenly coated on chicken.

I'm thinking that next time I'll probably decrease the amount of brown sugar to 1/4 cup.  The sauce tasted great, but had a tendency to caramelize while cooking.  Otherwise, it turned out great.

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!  ~Mark Twain
CONTACT ME 




Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Slow Cooker Recipes
TAGS: Slow Cooker

2 comments:

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is such a nice recipe. It is a dish that many people really enjoy and your recipe will be appreciated. I am new to your blog and have been browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Thank you for your kind comment. I'm glad you enjoyed my blog. : )

AddThis

Pin It