Monday, February 7, 2011

MY BRUSH WITH JURY DUTY or WHY I MADE MY SLOW-COOKER BEEF STEW

A few months ago, I received something I had never received before--a summons for jury duty.  In all my years of adulthood/registered voterhood, this had never happened before.  My feelings ranged from consternation to excitement (as stated in earlier posts, I am easily entertained).  So, this morning was almost equal to a first day of school.  I got ready, raced off to Bartow (forgot to eat breakfast), had to find the overflow parking lot, went through the security line (where I set off the alarm and had to be wanded), and then......WAIT FOR IT........we were all dismissed.  That's it.  That was my contribution to the judicial system. 

But because I thought my brilliant legal mind would be needed all day, I made my Slow Cooker Beef Stew. Not that I minded;  using the slow cooker is always fun and then I'm through for the day.  And, here it is.......

SLOW COOKER BEEF STEW

1 1/2 lbs stew meat
6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1/4 C. chopped mushrooms
1 pkg. Brown Gravy Mix
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 jar Brown Gravy
1 C. Beef Broth
1 bay leaf

Layer all ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours.

Easy, huh?  Now you know why it's my "fallback" recipe.   You know, the one you fall back when you're desperate.  And just for the record, if you ever want to do some serious people-watching, go to the courthouse, or Judicial Center, or whatever it's called.  There are some VERY interesting people there....

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )
"I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time.' So, I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance." — Steven Wright

CONTACT ME 




Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Slow Cooker Recipes
TAGS: Slow Cooker

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It