Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Caribbean Olive Chicken

Because I'm always on the lookout for new recipes, I follow a bazillion food blogs.  Sometimes they're just a lot of fun to read but never gonna happen, and sometimes you find a gem.  Today's recipe was one of those gems.  I knew the minute I read it that this was something (a) I can cook and (b) Jorge will eat.  Without those two qualities, a recipe is just good reading.  This came from a blog called Gypsy World Spice Cafe, and if you have time, I recommend checking out her blog.  Of course, as always, I have made a few changes to suit myself.

Caribbean Olive Chicken
1 pound Chicken Breast, boneless and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Recaito
1 small pack Sazón seasoning
1/2 cup Green Olives stuffed with pimientos, slice
1 teaspoon dried Oregano
1 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup chicken broth
Salt,Pepper, and garlic powder to taste


Season chicken with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Add the olive oil to a large saucepan and warm over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in the olive oil.  Remove from pan and set aside.
Add sofrito to the saucepan and cook for 3-4 minutes.  Add the olives, tomato sauce, sazón, oregano and water.  Simmer for about 5 minutes.  Return the chicken to the sauce pan and cook on low heat about 20 minutes.

Very simple and relatively healthy.  What's not to love?  One thing; if you read her blog, you will notice that she served this with quinoa and and a green salad.  Very healthy.  Did we do that?  Ummm....in a word....no.  I served this with yellow rice and tostonesHey, the chicken was healthy.  And as for the picture, I know.  Not the prettiest picture ever posted, but that's how it looks while cooking.  When finished, it looked better. Unfortunately, we were hungry, and I didn't take time to do the whole "staged" plate thing.  You know what food looks like. 

Now, here's today's music to cook by.  Lately, it seems that Pandora is playing some really good stuff.  I had never heard this artist before,  but I really liked it and thought it was "Share-worthy".  How's that for a word?

Okay, until next time.....Happy Cooking!  :)

Spring shows what God can do with a drab and dirty world.  ~Virgil A. Kraft

CONTACT ME 




Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Puerto Rican Recipes
TAGS: PUERTO RICAN

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It