Monday, March 21, 2011

CRAB MEAT SALAD

It seems as though it's been forever since I last posted on here.  Lately, there has been so much going on that I haven't had a chance to post any of the new recipes I've tried.  But I assure you that while I haven't posted, I haven't stopped cooking.  :)  One of the things I've been working on in the kitchen is trying new empanada recipes.  I have been up to my eyeballs in empanadas!  I finally found a recipe that I liked for a beef filling, but I'm still looking for one using crab meat.  The recipes are written down, the pictures have been taken, so as soon as I have time, they will be posted on here.

In the meantime, I thought today I would share a recipe created when the recipe I started making didn't turn out right.  Since I hate to waste food (you would think I had lived through the Depression), I decided to create a crab meat salad for my lunch today.  It was just a matter of adding a little of this and a little of that until it tasted right to me.  So, here is the recipe for my Crab Meat Salad.


CRAB MEAT SALAD
2 - 6 oz. cans crab meat                                     
1 small ripe tomato, diced
4 Tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp parsley, finely chopped
1/2 tsp kosher salt
grated zest of 1 lime
juice of 1/2 lime
1/8 cup red wine vinegar


Mix first 6 ingredients together.  Pour lime juice and vinegar over mixture; gently toss.  Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Now, maybe I was just hungry, but I thought it was great!   : )
Hopefully everything will slow down and I will be back to posting on a regular basis. Like I said earlier, I have recipes and pictures backed up just waiting to be on here.  So, as soon as March Madness is over, or when the Kentucky Wildcats are out of the  tournament, I'll have plenty of time again.  I have a hard time blogging while yelling at the TV.  LOL


MUSIC TO COOK BY -

KC & The Sunshine Band - Get Down Tonight

 So, until next time, Happy Cooking!  :)

“Laugh as much as you breathe and love as long as you live.” - Unknown

****************************************************************************

CONTACT ME
TAGS:  SALAD

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It