Wednesday, April 27, 2011

CHILLED VEGETABLE SALAD

Have you ever had one of those days?  I had one and it isn't over yet.  This salad was the only thing that didn't give me fits one way or the other.  I made this early this morning and left it in the refrigerator.  Which was good, because later, when dinner was 10 minutes away from being finished, the power went off and everything had to be finished outside on the grill.  Not to worry, though, everything turned out well, it was just irritating.  Always remember; in a power outage, your grill is your friend.  And then, AND THEN, not that you probably wanted to know this, but apparently an insect bit me right below my eye!  Ugly.....No pictures, trust me.....Which reminds me, everything was so messed up that I forgot to take pictures of the salad.  Which is a shame, but the next time I make it, I'll try to remember to take a picture and I'll post it then.  



Here I am waiting outside with the chef...
This recipe came from the best barbecue restaurant in the world (IMHO).  Back in my home state of Kentucky, barbecue is more than a cuisine, it's a religion.  And in Owensboro, Kentucky, Moonlite Bar-B-Q Inn is probably the Holy City of barbecue.  Oh, to be on Parrish Avenue and smell the barbecue in the air!  



Jorge waiting happily.....
My father playing on the tractor outside the restaurant....
















CHILLED VEGETABLE SALAD
Adapted from Family Favorites from Moonlite

2 tomatoes, chopped
2 cucumbers, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/3 cup white vinegar
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teasppoon pepper

Mix vegetables together in large bowl.  Whisk remaining ingredients together in large bowl; pour over vegetables.  Mix well and store in refrigerator.  




MUSIC TO COOK BY
Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )


Always laugh when you can. It is cheaper than medicine… - Unknown

CONTACT ME 
TAGS:  SALAD

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It