Monday, April 25, 2011

FRESH FRUITS & VEGGIES! CUCUMBER & ONION SALAD

One of the best things about spring and summer is the availability of fresh produce.  Not the stuff we buy in the supermarket all winter, but fresh, out-of-the-ground vegetables.  One of my favorite things to do is go to a good farmers' market and and look at all the available produce.  Some times I buy things not even knowing how to cook them.  I figure I can always find out when I get home.  Last week Jorge took me to the best produce/meat market I've ever seen.  If you're in the Orlando area, let me recommend Freshfields Farm Market.  They are located at 400 E. Compton Street and are open Monday thru Saturday.  One side of the store is a meat market, and the other side is produce.  It was foodie heaven!  The value was amazing.  We filled our cart on each side of the store.  Among all the other things I couldn't resist were cucumbers and onions.  And so, in celebration of Spring, I made Cucumber & Onion Salad.  I didn't take pictures, but you won't need them.  It's one of the simplest things to make.

CUCUMBER & ONION SALAD
2 cucumbers
1 onion
1 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. vinegar


Whisk last three ingredients together in a small bowl. Slice cucumbers and onions thinly.  Pour dressing over cucumbers and onions.  Cover and set in refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.  

There!  It's easy and delicious!  

MUSIC TO COOK BY



Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )


“We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather of recognizing and appreciating what we do have.” - Frederick Keonig

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It