Friday, October 28, 2011

SAUTEED ZUCCHINI & YELLOW SQUASH (SALTEADO DE CALABACINES Y CALABAZA AMARILLA)

A couple of days ago, Jorge brought home zucchini from one of the local farm markets.  For all the jokes that people make about the overabundance this vegetable every year, I suddenly realized how few times I've actually cooked zucchini.  I tried to do something different and Googled zucchini recipes, but who has the time to read all those?  There must be a bazillion of them out there.  So, I did one of my tried and true ideas.  It really isn't that different from what I've done in the past, but hey!  it tasted good.  To me, at least.  Except for one thing:  I wasn't in the mood to be healthy, so I used........BACON GREASE!    Gasp!  Horror!  If it bothers you, use olive oil.  So, here it goes.

SAUTEED ZUCCHINI & YELLOW SQUASH (SALTEADO DE CALABACINES Y CALABAZA AMARILLA)


2 zucchini, chopped
2 yellow squash, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
1 Tbsp GOYA® Recaito
GOYA® Adobo to taste


Using enough bacon grease to cover bottom of cast-iron skillet, heat Recaito on medium for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.  Add garlic and onion; stir throroughly.  Add zucchini and squash; cook for minutes and continue to stir. Stir in tomato and Adobo.  Cook additional 5 minutes.

Upon reading this, I realized a couple of things.  I really use my cast-iron skillet a lot, and this recipe really calls for a lot of stirring, doesn't it?  : )


MUSIC TO COOK BY

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )



Only the mediocre are always at their best. - 
Jean GiraudouxFrench diplomat, dramatist, & novelist (1882 - 1944)

CONTACT ME 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It