Wednesday, November 2, 2011

MOJO PORK

Ok.  Tonight's dinner was sooo yummy!  I couldn't sleep last night, so I laid awake and thought about how to cook this boneless pork roast I had in the refrigerator.  Sometimes, insomnia pays off.  This dish probably has more of a Cuban influence than Puerto Rican, but hey!  I'm open to all cuisines.  I'm very open-minded in the kitchen.  LOL  Tomorrow I'll talk about the black beans I served with it.  BTW, both were slow-cooker recipes, so it's a good thing I have two of them.   I did have three, but one day in a fit of cleaning, I got rid of one.  It may be time to buy another one.  

MOJO PORK


2-3 lb boneless pork roast
GOYA® Mojo Criollo
1/2 tsp cumin
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 packet GOYA® Sazon
5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
3 Tbsp lime juice
GOYA® Adobo to taste
1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
1/4 c chopped pimiento stuffed Manzanilla olives
1/4 c orange juice

With a sharp, thin bladed knife, stab little slits into the roast on all sides. Stuff the slits with garlic slices. Pour 1/3 c GOYA® Mojo Criollo over the roast and marinate in refrigerate several  hours or overnight. Remove roast from marinade and place in slow cooker. Pour out  used  marinade. Pour 2/3 c fresh marinade over roast. Place onion slices on top of roast. Add Sazon, lime juice, Adobo, vinegar, olives, and orange juice. Cook on low for 9 hours. If roast does not fall apart on its own, break it up with a meat fork about an hour before it's done.





Mojo pork, black beans, white rice, and tostones


If I seem a bit distracted, it's because today is the first game of the season for my beloved Kentucky Wildcats.  GO CATS!!!!   I BLEED BLUE!!!!!    Yeah, I enjoy  watching a little college basketball from time to time.....

MUSIC TO COOK BY




Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )





You cannot find peace by avoiding life.  - Unknown


CONTACT ME 
h
Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Puerto Rican Recipes




Very Good Recipes-Kingdom of Slow Cooker Recipes


TAGS: Puerto Rican Slow Cooker

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It