Monday, January 23, 2012

Bistec Con Cebollas (Cubed Steak with Onions)

One of the nice things about travelling.....is coming home.  Don't get me wrong;  I enjoyed my visit with my family in Kentucky (otherwise known as God's Country), but it's nice to be back in my own house.  And especially my own kitchen.  As I noted in my post a few days ago, it is next to impossible there to find some of the seasonings I use on a daily basis, so that tempered my enthusiasm for cooking there.  As soon as I got back to Florida, I had to cook one of my favorite Puerto Rican meals.  Nothing fancy, it's just good ol' island home cooking.




Bistec Con Cebollas

4 cubed steaks
GOYA® Adobo with Pepper, to taste
1 packet GOYA® Sazon
2 Tbsp white vinegar
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 Tbsp vegetable oil



Season meat (both sides) with Adobo and Sazon. Pour vinegar over meat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. Pour oil in skillet (as always, I used cast iron) and heat to medium high heat. Add meat and brown on each side. While browning second side, add onion slices to skillet.



Bistec con Cebollas y Arroz Armarillo

MUSIC TO COOK BY



Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

Worry is like a rocking chair; gives you  something to do but gets you nowhere. - Unknown












0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It