Monday, March 12, 2012

SKILLET STEAK, BY JORGE!! (Bistec de Sartén)

Good Monday morning to everyone!!  How ya doin' this fine spring morning?  I know; it's still eight more days until the first day of Spring, but here in Florida, it looks and feels like Spring, so let's go with it!  : )  If you're an NCAA basketball fan, you know we're still in March Madness.  Here at La Casa de Cuevas, we spent the weekend in front of the TV, watching college basketball.  Yes, my beloved Wildcats lost the tournament, but the love is still there.  GO BIG BLUE!!  

It's been a difficult few days around here.  The refrigerator developed problems (suspiciously soon after the warranty expired) and we're still waiting on the part to arrive so that it can be fixed.  We have a Coleman camper refrigerator and two coolers lined up in the kitchen, and the novelty is gone.  But, I'm not complaining.  At least we had a collection of coolers in the garage when we needed them, right?  This early Spring we're enjoying has triggered my asthma to the point that I've done very little cooking lately.  Now, I could live the rest of my life without doing housework (no comments, Jorge!), but I enjoy cooking and writing about cooking.  Fortunately, SuperHubby came to the rescue again.  He cooked dinner last night, and again, he surprised me with one of his spur-of-the-moment recipes.  He never writes anything down or reads a cookbook.  He just starts going through the spice cabinet, the pantry, and the refrigerator (or cooler) and voila! another delicious dinner.  I must confess that we forgot to photograph the finished product, but I'm posting the recipe today, and the next time he cooks it (hint!), I'll be sure to plate and photograph it.  

SKILLET STEAK, BY JORGE!!  (Bistec de Sartén)

4 sirloin steaks
1 Tbsp Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp  GOYA® Adobo con Pimiento (with Pepper) 

Mix the last three ingredients.  Pour over steaks; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.  Using a cast iron griddle skillet, cook steaks 5-7 minutes on each side for medium well.  If you do not have a griddle skillet, a regular cast iron skillet works fine for this.


See how easy that was?  I would never have thought of it.  And it was de-lish!


♫♪ MUSIC TO COOK BY♪♫



                               

COMMENTS, PLEASE!

According to the stats, as well as Facebook counts, it looks as though there are quite a few people reading this blog, at least occasionally.  And on Facebook, there is enough feedback that I know you're out there.  But on here............SILENCE.  Let's have a conversation on here.  I welcome all comments, suggestions, questions, etc.  I'll even settle for an "Hola, y'all!"  every now and then.  LOL  So, I look forward to hearing from some of you.  

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

Your life is your parade. Don't let anyone else rain on it. - Blog Of A Peri-Menopausal Woman....... When I Remember.



TAGS:  VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF PUERTO RICO

4 comments:

Dianna Hohimer said...

Hey Friend..Didn't realize you had a blog!!! The recipe sounded delicious!!! What kind of veggies did you have with it? :) By the way, the music you posted was yummy too!

Unknown said...

Hey, Dianna - Thanks for the comment. Yes, I've been writing this blog for a little over a year now. Jorge isn't into veggies, and the salad bar was closed ; ), so when he cooks, I let him get away with it. But he made Yellow Rice and for some reason his is better than mine. Maybe it's just because I didn't have to do the cooking. LOL I'll talk to you on FB later!

Mary Bergfeld said...

I don't think my first comment made it through cyberspace :-). I just wanted you to know I like your blog and will be back often. Fell better and have a good day. Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

Mary- Thank you for your kind comment. I'm glad you enjoyed the blog and I hope you'll come back often. Have a good week!
Tammy

AddThis

Pin It