Monday, April 23, 2012

Sideline Sausage Soup


I know, I know!  It's 85 degrees and I'm making soup!  What can I say?  I really, really love soup and I really, really love my slow cooker!  Besides, I don't think I have discussed this on here before but I have fibromyalgia.  I don't talk about it much, because this is a food blog, and I figure you didn't come here to hear my problems, but that's one of the reason you see so many simple recipes on here and so many for the slow cooker.  Some days are better than others, but on the middlin' (that's a Southern word) to bad days, if it wasn't for that slow cooker, Jorge would be eating sandwiches and frozen pizza.  This way, I still feel as though I'm accomplishing something.  It may be a lot of things thrown into the slow cooker, but it looks as though I cooked dinner.  

Sideline Sausage Soup 


16 oz lowfat smoked sausage 
1 15 oz can pinto beans 
1 15 oz can great northern beans 
1 15 oz can kidney beans 
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes 
2 galic cloves, minced 
1 onion chopped 
2 c beef broth 
1/2 tsp. each oregano, cumin, salt. 

Chop sausage into small chunks.  Put in slow cooker with onion, garlic, and seasonings.  Pour in beans and beef broth.  Cook on HIGH 4 hours in slow cooker.

*********************************************************************

MUSIC TO COOK BY


"You Can Never Hold Back Spring" by Tom Waits

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )


Spring is when life's alive in everything. - Christina Rossetti
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It