Friday, May 11, 2012

LIME CILANTRO RICE



As you may have noticed, we eat a lot of rice around here.  Now, I like rice as well as the next person, but occasionally I do need a little variety in my diet.  One day this week, I was thinking of making plain white rice when I decided we were needing a little variety in our rice.  Lately, cilantro and lime sounds good to me, so I decided to add those flavors to my rice.  Here is the result.

LIME CILANTRO RICE

1 Tbsp veg oil
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp rice
3 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp Adobo
1/2 c cilantro, chopped
1/2 c green onion, chopped

Heat vegetable oil in caldero .  Add water and bring to a boil.  Stir in rice, lime juice, and Adobo.  Bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low, cooking  15-20  minutes.   Mix  in cilantro and green onion.  Cover and continue  to  cook  until  rice  is  tender.   Remove from heat. 





---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUSIC TO COOK BY

Eva Cassidy - Somewhere Over the Rainbow

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It