Wednesday, May 9, 2012

SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF


Well, it's Wednesday.  We're halfway through the week now.  If you work outside the home, or have schoolchildren, you only have two more days to the weekend. Working from home means that it is not that big a deal for me, except that it's only two more days until Jorge is off for the weekend and I have someone to talk to throughout the day.  But I do remember that when it was when I worked that I developed such a love for my slow cooker.  And recently, since my health problems have worsened, it has become even more important that I have easy recipes ready.  Yesterday's experiment wasn't my all-time favorite, but for a day when I didn't feel like working in the kitchen all day, or if I had worked all day and didn't want to come home and cook half the evening, it was good.  And it was certainly simple.  Unfortunately, I had a bad enough day that I did not think to take a picture, but beef stroganoff in a slow cooker is not hard to imagine.    

SLOW COOKER BEEF STROGANOFF

1- can cream of mushroom with roasted garlic soup
2 1/2 c beef broth
1 1/2 lb beef stew meat
1 c sour cream
2 c egg noodles

Mix soup and broth in slow cooker.  Stir in meat.  Cook on high for 4 hours.  Reduce heat to low and cook 2 additional hours.  Add the egg noodles and cook 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally,  before mixing in the sour cream and cooking an additional half hour.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MUSIC TO COOK BY
Adele - That's it, I quit, I'm movin' on 



Until next time, Happy Cooking!  :)

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." - Albert Einstein
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



----------------------------------------------------------------------------


0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It