Thursday, September 6, 2012

JENNIFER'S NANNY'S BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

Down here in the South, almost everyone I know had a Mamaw and a Nanny.  A few rebels had a Memaw (like Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory) and a few had a Granny, but you get the idea.  Anyway, my best friend EVER had a Nanny just like I did.  Jennifer was blessed to have her Nanny live long enough to see her become a grandmother, which I think is just awesome.  She was from that generation that worked and cooked for their families and never took a break.  She cooked Sunday dinner, as well as all the holidays, right up until almost the very end of her life.  I had the privilege of sitting at her table a few times, and Lord!  that woman could cook.          

Here is Jennifer with her Nanny.
A few years ago, Jennifer decided to honor her by writing a cookbook with the best of her recipes, and it's one of my most treasured cookbooks.  Today she had made this cake, which her Nanny refused to call by its popular name because it wasn't "nice".  Gotta love those Southern ladies....Anyway, she called it "Better than Almost Anything" and that's good too, but "Better than Sex" will stop people in their tracks.    She was nice enough to let me share this recipe with you and even sent me a picture of the cake.  You notice I said she sent me a picture of the cake; I didn't get any cake.  <heavy sigh>  Of course, we do live in different states, but a real friend would have found a way.  LOL    But I have had this cake in the past, and while  I won't comment on the name, (I'm trying for a G-rated blog here, folks!), it is to die for.  As a matter of fact, if you decide to change its name, that could be the new name....TO DIE FOR CAKE...whaddya think?   

 JENNIFER'S NANNY'S BETTER THAN SEX CAKE

1 box German Chocolate cake mix
1 can Eagle brand condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
8 oz. tub Cool Whip 
2 King-size Butterfingers, crumbled

Bake the cake in a 9x13 cake pan as directed. Let cool.   Punch holes in cake with rounded end of wooden spoon.  Pour the Eagle Brand over the cake first, then pour the caramel topping over the cake.  Let it set for about 30 minutes.  Top with Cool Whip and Butterfinger crumbs.  Cover and refrigerate.

Looks yummy, doesn't it?!?
And if you're interested, contact me and I'll check with Jennifer to see if she still has any cookbooks left to sell. 

MUSIC TO COOK BY

Alison Krauss - I'll fly away

 
Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )
 She is too fond of books, and it has turned her brain. - Louisa May Alcott (1873)


0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It