Tuesday, September 18, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created  at The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is Top Ten Bookish People You Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.) No one set any rules, as far as I know, so my list contains living, dead, and fictional characters.  Yes, I'm playing fast and loose with the parameters of the list.  So what?


Top Ten Bookish People I Want To Meet (Authors, Bloggers, etc.) 
  1. John Grisham- He's one of my all-time favorites. 
  2. Agatha Christie- I started reading her books in childhood, and I still have every one.  The plots she concocted were brilliant!
  3. Hercule Poirot- If I can meet Agatha, I can meet Poirot.
  4. Miss Marple- But you probably saw that one coming, didn't you?  ; )
  5. Nevada Barr- I still love mysteries, and her Anna Pigeon series set in the National Park system is awesome.
  6. Jim Qwilleran- If you're not familiar with him, he's the protagonist of Lilian Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who..." series.  I named my cats Koko and YumYum, after his cats in the series.  Yes, I'm really that kooky...
  7. Mark Twain-or Samuel Clemens, either will do....   ; )
  8. Nancy Drew- one of my first favorite series.  When I was a little reader, I wanted to grow up to be Nancy Drew.  
  9. Garrison Keillor- I know he's famous for his radio show, but I love his Lake Woebegon novels. 
  10. The late, great Lewis Grizzard- he was my favorite all-time Southerner and my favorite all-time Southern writer.  It is one of the great regrets of my life that I never wrote him a fan letter, or stalked him, or something. 
 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It