Tuesday, October 9, 2012

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours


Over at The Broke and the Bookish, they have created Top Ten Tuesday, an original feature/weekly meme in which bloggers everywhere can participate.  Each week, they post a different topic for the Top Ten list, and we can post a link to our Top Ten on their site.  If you haven't been there before, I encourage you to go check out their site and their linky list.  There are some awesome blogs on there! 

Top Ten Characters I’d Like To Switch Places With For 24 Hours
  1. Scarlett O'Hara.  I have been thinking about this one since the first time I read GWTW when I was young.  Sure, she's an early feminist, a spitfire, a gutsy Southern chick; but really, Ashley Wilkes?!?!!?!?  What was she thinking?  Give me Rhett Butler for 24 hours.  Frankly, my dear, he will give a da*n.    ; )     
  2. Beth in Little Women.  I know it's weird to want to be the one who dies (spoiler alert! sorry), but she's the nicest sister of the four, and really, I think I could jazz up the deathbed scene.  Try not to think about it. . . 
  3. Laura Ingalls Wilder.  Yes, she was a real person, and her books were a romanticized, child-friendly version of the pioneers' stories, but as a little girl I loved imagining myself in that wagon as they headed West.  Indulge me . . . 
  4.  Nancy Drew.  I talked about her last week, but when I was a little girl, I wanted to be Nancy Drew when I grew up.  I still don't know exactly what shade titian is, but I'm pretty sure it's not my haircolor.  But that's always subject to change anyway.
  5. Julie from Julie & Julia.  The reason I started my food blog (blushes furiously).  And again, not a fictional character, but I wish I had her chutzpah.  No matter how long I cook, I will probably never have the courage to tackle Julia Child's work.  If you haven't read the book, read it!  The movie is good, but as usual, the book is better.

I know; it's not 10.  But I've been looking at this for post for days, and I just realized something; I like my life!  I really don't want to be anyone else.  It's enough for me to be The Self-Taught Cook. 

The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read.  - Abraham Lincoln

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It