Monday, May 2, 2011

BARBECUE MEATBALLS

For the past couple of days or so, I have been on a blog break.  Not for any particular reason, except to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't exactly been at my culinary peak the last couple of days.  Who wants to read a blog about (gasp!) frozen french fries?!?  Yep, it's true; but we'll discuss that confession in a later post.  : )

It occurred to me today that I never posted my recipe for barbecue meatballs.  This was another one of the foods we served at the baby shower last month.  Last month!  I can't believe she's in her eighth month!  In a few short weeks from now, we'll be holding our first grandchild!  Okay, back to the subject at hand...here's my recipe for Barbecue Meatballs.

BARBECUE MEATBALLS


10 oz. Smucker's Red Plum Jam        
1- 18 oz. Sweet Baby Ray's Barbecue Sauce
1/4 c. Coca-cola
50 - Casa Di Bertacchi Authentic Italian Style Beef Meatballs, thawed

Combine first three ingredients in slow cooker.  Add meatballs. Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  If necessary, you can keep slow cooker on warm setting for up to 2 hours.  
      











And now you know.  When I get in a hurry, I use frozen meatballs.  Of course, if there is plenty of time, I'm all for making them from scratch.  But some days, you don't have that time. And when you don't, take the shortcut and don't feel guilty.  But remember, when I say I cooked with Coca-Cola, I always mean Mexican Coca-Cola.  You can find it on Amazon, and the last time I was at Sam's Club, they were selling it by the case.  That was the cheapest I have seen it anywhere.  And here is a picture of the finished product at the baby shower.  BEWARE:  These go quickly!!!  You will run out before the party is over!!!!

MUSIC TO COOK BY
Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgement. - Benjamin Franklin

CONTACT ME 




Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Slow Cooker Recipes
TAGS: Slow Cooker

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love BBQ meatballs. I also use the frozen kind and I never feel guilty because my secret ingredient for the sauce makes them oh' so yummy ! Yours look real delish !!! Thanks for sharing !!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment. If it wasn't for the occasional comment, some days I would think I was on here talking to myself. LOL It was good to hear that someone else uses the frozen ones without guilt. Nothing wrong with a shortcut now and then, is there? : )

AddThis

Pin It