Monday, May 2, 2011

CHICKEN IN LEMON SAUCE

Ok.  Confession time.  Last week, there was one night that I didn't cook dinner.  We ate...I'm so ashamed....pizza.  Not even a good delivery pizza.  Not that we ate frozen pizza.  That's the bottom rung on the ladder, if you ask me.  But I didn't make a fresh pizza, either.  It was that so-called "fresh pizza" they sell in the supermarket deli.  If you haven't tried it, trust me; it isn't that fresh.  It just isn't frozen.  

But I made up for it another night, and that's my blog post for today.  I am always ready to try new recipes for chicken, and this one turned out to be a keeper.

CHICKEN IN LEMON SAUCE
adapted from www.cooks.com

1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
All-Purpose Flour
Vegetable oil
4 Tbsp lemon juice
1 c. chicken stock
parsley, dry, minced
salt
pepper

Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess flour.  Fry in hot oil until golden brown.  Remove from pan.  Drain oil from pan, leaving only 1 tsp of oil in pan.  Add lemon juice, chicken stock, parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.  Scrape bottom of pan to loosen chicken fragments.  Add chicken and stir gently.  Cover; simmer for 15 minutes.  Serve over white rice.

MUSIC TO COOK BY
Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

"Love is a game that two can play and both win." - Eva Gabor

 CONTACT ME

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It