Monday, June 13, 2011

GARLIC ASPARAGUS

A few months ago, I heard the term "hobby farm" for the first time.  I didn't know what it meant, so being a good Internet addict, I Googled it.  According to Wikipedia, a hobby farm "is a smallholding or small farm that is maintained without expectation of being a primary source of income."  It can also be just a house with a large garden and a few animals.  That said, ever since I read that, I've wanted to move back to the country.  Now, unfortunately, due to various allergies and/or respiratory problems, I can't actually breathe outside in the country, But that has not hindered this rural fantasy.  Jorge and me, living on a couple of acres, raising free-range poultry (I'm nothing if not humane) and raising all of our own fruits and vegetables in our garden and orchard.  And in this fantasy garden, what is the primary vegetable?  Asparagus!  I love asparagus!  So much so that today's post is dangerously similar to to an earlier recipe for   Garlic Sauteed Asparagus.  But it is different, I promise.  I just can't help myself; I'm always looking for a new way to cook asparagus!  If you really pay attention, you may have noticed my strong affection for garlic, but that's a post for another day.


GARLIC ASPARAGUS


1 pound fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 TSP Kosher Salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
Lemon Juice


Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat.  Add garlic,salt and pepper. Heat for 1 minute, stirring frequently to ensure that garlic does not brown.  Lower heat and add the asparagus. Cook for 8 – 10 minutes.  Stir frequently to ensure even cooking.  Just before serving, add a splash of lemon juice and  (additional) freshly ground pepper.


MUSIC TO COOK BY
Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )


"I am at two with nature." - Woody Allen

CONTACT ME 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It