Thursday, June 2, 2011

SUMMER VEGETABLE MEDLEY

Recently, one of my husband's friends went to a farm co-op to buy produce.  There, you buy vegetables by the case.  Since he had more than he could use, he shared with us.  It was great and I appreciated it, (who doesn't appreciate free food, especially fresh produce?), but there was so much I had to get creative to use it all before it ruined.  Every time I see food spoilage, I have a flashback to childhood:  "Starving children in __(pick your favorite Third World country) would love to have that.....".  So I cannot let food spoil with a serious guilt trip.  This side dish was the most recent result.

SUMMER VEGETABLE MEDLEY
2 crookneck squash, chopped (medium chunks)
1 bell pepper, chopped (I had an orange bell pepper, but it really doesn't matter)
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
LAWRY'S® Seasoned Salt  
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil

Heat oil in skillet.  Add vegetables.  Season with LAWRY'S® Seasoned Salt to taste.  Saute until vegetables are tender.

Easy, right?  That's one of the reasons I liked it.  It also tasted good and was  healthy.  Yay!

MUSIC TO COOK BY

I think I may have posted this song before, but I really like it!  Enough said....

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

A friend never defends a husband who gets his wife an electric skillet for her birthday. -Erma Bombeck

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It