Friday, November 25, 2011

2011 THANKSGIVING TURKEY


Although Thanksgiving is past, I still have not posted all of my Thanksgiving recipes for this year.  I'm not a great food photographer, and the editing process takes time, so I am slowly but surely posting as I get the chance.  I'm not sure if it's possible to get a good picture of a turkey, but if it is, I didn't get it.  And, to be perfectly honest, one wing fell off when we took it out of the bag.  But that was a good sign; the turkey was that tender.  This may be our best turkey so far.  And I say "our" because it was a collaboration on the part of my mother and me.  It took a little compromise on the parts of two strong-willed women, but we got through it without running all the men out of the house.  LOL  There's hope for us yet....
I know this isn't a good picture,
but at least you can see how beautifully it browned.

2011 THANKSGIVING TURKEY

1 - 12 lb whole turkey
1 stick butter, divided
4 c chicken stock
2 Tbsp dried parsley
1/2 onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp seasoning salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Rinse and wash turkey.  Discard the giblets, or save for giblet gravy.  Loosen skin around the edges of the turkey.  Put butter, onion, and garlic under skin and, on the outside of the skin, push as far down the turkey as possible.  In medium bowl, combine chicken stock with parsley and seasoning salt.  Pour over turkey.  Place turkey in oven bag and bake according to the chart in the oven bag box.  

music to cook by


Adele - One and Only


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  :)

***************************************************************************

***************************************************************************

The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. - H. U. Westermayer
******************************************************************************


CONTACT ME 
TAGS:  TURKEY, HOLIDAY
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF TURKEY RECIPES
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF AMERICAN RECIPES

1 comments:

CEK said...

Thank you for reposting and I haven't done any Thanksgiving posts yet myself. Have a great day! :)

AddThis

Pin It