Monday, November 14, 2011

CALICO SOUP

Today was one of those days that if it hadn't been for my beloved slow cooker, we would have been eating takeout again tonight.  I thought I was only going to be gone for hour this morning, and instead was out all day. It  was a very frustrating day.  All the things I have to do to get ready for Thanksgiving and I accomplished nothing today. I sat in the doctor's waiting room so long that my phone died, and being me, I forgot that I had a charger in the car.  Then I came home and couldn't connect to the Internet.  Which explains why it took me so long to get to this point.  The only bright spot was that I didn't have to rush around and cook.  I hate being rushed when I'm cooking.  Wow!  I just reread this paragraph, and do I sound cranky!?!?!  Oh well, that's the real me.

So, even though it was back up in the 80's today, I'm still in the soup mode.  Jorge looked sooo happy when he came home and found soup on the table again.  That, of course, was sarcasm.  Oh, well.  He was nice about it.  He understands my cooking compulsion.

CALICO SOUP

1 can Dark Red Kidney Beans
1 can Black Beans
1 can Navy Beans
1 can Great Northern Beans
1 can Pinto Beans
1 c diced ham
1 c frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, and green beans)
1 c chopped green onion
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 bay leaves
2 c beef stock
1 lb kielbasa or smoked sausage, chopped

Put all ingredients in slow cooker.  Cook on Low 8-9 hours.  Remove bay leaves before serving.



MUSIC TO COOK BY



Rod Stewart - Have You Ever Seen The Rain




Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

‎"Silence is one great art of conversation." - Unknown

CONTACT ME

TAGS:   SLOW COOKER SOUP
VERY GOOD RECIPES-KINGDOM OF SLOW COOKER RECIPES

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It