Wednesday, November 16, 2011

CRUNCHY COLESLAW (ANOTHER GOOD POTLUCK IDEA)


This time of the year, there are a lot of office potluck lunches, family dinners, and church socials that require everyone to take at least one dish, so I thought I would offer another one of my potluck favorites.  This is so good that I actually fought with a friend at a party once over who got the last of it.  I lost, BTW.  Just remember that if you take this somewhere, you have to transport the dry ingredients separately and add them at the last minute before serving so that they don't get soggy.  I wish I had a picture of this, but to be honest with you, it tastes better than it looks anyway.  LOL

CRUNCHY COLESLAW

1 pkg beef ramen 
1 pkg. coleslaw mix 
1/3 c apple cider vinegar 
½ c salad oil 
1/3 c sugar
sunflower seeds
cashews
slivered almonds
 
Combine vinegar, oil, and sugar with ramen seasoning packet.  Toss into coleslaw and refrigerate.  Just before serving, add nuts and dry ramen noodles.


MUSIC TO COOK BY



Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.  ~E.P. Powell

CONTACT ME 
POTLUCK FAVORITE

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It