Thursday, November 17, 2011

CHERRY COKE SALAD (ANOTHER HOLIDAY FAVORITE)


This time of the year, it's fun to compare family traditions and recipes.  I can't celebrate without broccoli casserole, Watergate Salad, cranberry sauce (not the stuff in the can LOL), and cherry breeze.  But I can't leave well enough alone.  Every holiday seems like a good excuse to try out a new recipe.  A few years ago, I tried this and loooooved it!  Anything with good ol' Co-Cola has to be good, right?  And since I love cherry Cokes, this was perfect.  I've just made myself hungry talking about it.  :)

CHERRY COKE SALAD

1-20 oz can crushed pineapple 
½ c water                
2 -3 oz pkg. cherry gelatin
1 -21 oz can cherry pie filling
¾ c Coca-Cola 

Drain pinepple, reserving juice.  Bring juice and water to a boil.  Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.  Stir in pie filling and cola.  Pour into bowl or mold and refrigerate until slightly thickened.  Fold in pineapple and refrigerate until firm.

Don't forget; when I say Coca-Cola, I mean the good stuff from Mexico made with sugar.  If you can't find it, the sad stuff made here will have to do.  :(

MUSIC TO COOK BY

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

What we're really talking about is a wonderful day set aside on the fourth Thursday of November when no one diets.  I mean, why else would they call it Thanksgiving?  ~Erma Bombeck

CONTACT ME 
POTLUCK FAVORITE SALAD

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It