Monday, November 7, 2011

PEPSI PULLED PORK

Recently, I have become acquainted with other food bloggers online, and I have really benefited from their knowledge.  They have all been doing this longer than I have, and have lots of great ideas that they are willing to share.  One of these, Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic (great blog name, huh?) has a GREAT recipe for Pepsi Pulled Pork that I just had to try.  I even put aside my deep love for cooking with Coca-Cola and actually cooked with Pepsi!  It was delicious!  My husband called it a "keeper".  And, OMG, the leftovers are even better the next day!!!  As usual, I had to put my own little touches on it, because, well, I just can't leave anything alone, I guess.  Now, this didn't bother me, but I know some people would not want as much liquid as this produces.  My suggestion would be to decrease the amount of Pepsi at the beginning.  I tried to take pictures, but I just can't get a good picture of a BBQ sandwich.  Someone out there can, but I can't.  But then, really, I'm sure you've seen BBQ sandwiches before...

PEPSI PULLED PORK
adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic


3-5 pound boneless pork roast (mine was 5 lb)
3 c Pepsi
1 onion, diced
1/4 c green pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, diced
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 bottle barbecue sauce (I used Kraft Original, but that's only because it was on sale.  It really doesn't matter.)


Put the roast in the slow cooker.  Add the onion, pepper, garlic, chili powder, and salt.  Pour the Pepsi over everything.  Cook on low 8-10 hours.  If the meat doesn't fall apart on its own, you can pull it apart in the slow cooker.  Pour the barbecue sauce over the meat and cook another 20-30 minutes.


Now that you've read my version of the recipe, go over to Cravings of a Lunatic and read her version.  My suggestion, try both of them to see which way works best for you and yours.  It's all good, y'all!

MUSIC TO COOK BY
Just because barbecue always puts me in a country music state of mind....


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

"Never chase love, affection, or attention. If it isn't given freely by another person, it isn't worth having." - Unknown

CONTACT ME 





Very Good Recipes-Kingdom of Slow Cooker Recipes
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF BARBECUE


TAGS: Slow Cooker BARBECUE, PORK

1 comments:

Kim Bee said...

I love it! I really love that you stuck with the pepsi and gave it a try. Lol! I am in full agreement about it being too liquidy. I would think people should decrease the amount or drain it before serving. And omg it is so hard to take a good picture of a pulled pork sandwich. I am so happy you guys liked it. Being a keeper is huge praise. Thanks for trying it, and thanks for liking it.

AddThis

Pin It