Thursday, January 26, 2012

ONION BAKED PORK CHOPS

If you read yesterday's recipe for Vegetable Casserole, you must have lain awake all night wondering what splendiforous entree was served with it.  Ok, you probably never gave it a thought, but I'm going to tell you about it anyway.  Since the casserole was filled with enough Velveeta to make Dr. Oz sit down and cry, I tried to redeem myself by baking the pork chops.  Sure, the sodium count would have given him a stroke, but heck!  I'm already on blood pressure medication anyway.  The way I see it, if the pill does its work, why should I worry?  Calm down, health police, I'm not serious.  We really don't eat things like this every day, I promise.  But when a recipe is this darn simple, and I don't feel like cooking in the first place, that's when we eat things like this  and promise ourselves not to do it again.  

ONION BAKED PORK CHOPS

1 pkg. onion soup mix
2/3 c bread crumbs ( I use the bought kind)
4 pork chops
1 egg, beaten

Combine the soup mix and the bread crumbs into a shallow container.  Pour the beaten egg in a separate bowl.  Dip the pork chops in the egg and then thoroughly coat with crumb mixture.  Spray baking dish with cooking spray.  Place chops in dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until juices run clear.  




MUSIC TO COOK BY


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

It isn't what we have left at the end that is important, it is the difference we have made. -Unknown

CONTACT ME 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It