Friday, January 27, 2012

POLLO ASADO (ROAST CHICKEN) - and the Continuing Saga of my George Foreman Roaster

Now, if you follow me on Facebook, then you may have already read about my tragedy this week.  My George Foreman roaster died. : (  The fact that it was roasting our chicken for dinner just made it that much worse.  You have to understand my relationship with this appliance.  Next to my slow cooker(s), this was my favorite appliance.  I loved it more than my microwave, which I pretty much just use for popcorn these days.  The funny thing was that I didn't want it in the first place. We went to buy the George Foreman grill (which I have used 3 times in 4 years) and the Roaster was a bonus for buying the grill.  We brought it home, stored it in a cabinet for probably 6 months, and then one wonderful day, I decided to give it a whirl.  Love at first use.  You can take a roasting chicken, season it the way you want, put it in the roaster, set the timer for 90 minutes, and walk away.  Who wouldn't love that?!?  Soon after I fell in love with it, we discovered they had discontinued it.  We have perused garage sales and Goodwill stores ever since, thinking we would buy up good used ones if necessary for backup.  No luck.  So when George (the roaster, not Jorge my husband) gave a little "click" and died, I thought it was forever.  I mean, dinner went on; please people, it takes a lot of grief to get me to skip a meal!  : )  and I do know how to use the oven.  So, into the oven went the chicken and dinner went as planned.  Which is why today's recipe is oven-roasted chicken.  But here's the "Awww...." part of the story.  Jorge (my hubby, not George the roaster) bought me a new one on eBay!  Yay!  I knew I married him for a reason.....So, for the next few days, I will be chasing every UPS truck in the neighborhood.  


Anyway, here's how I roast chicken in the oven:


POLLO ASADO


1 roasting chicken
1 packet GOYA® Sazon
ADOBO POLLOCHON MAGA®     


Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Rub seasonings thoroughly over chicken.  Bake at 450 for 2 hours or until meat thermometer shows a minimum of 180 degrees.  


IMPORTANT:  You should always use a meat thermometer with chicken.  Undercooked chicken is dangerous, not to mention gross.  


I didn't post a picture because I have no idea how to get a good picture of a roast chicken.  Jorge bought me "Plate to Pixel" by Helene Dujardin for Christmas, and I highly recommend it btw, but I still don't know how to get a good picture of a chicken.


MUSIC TO COOK BY




Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )


Ever consider what pets must think of us? I mean, here we come back from a grocery store with the most amazing haul - chicken, pork, half a cow. They must think we're the greatest hunters on earth! - Anne Tyler


CONTACT ME 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It