Thursday, February 16, 2012

HOMEMADE BUTTERFINGERS

 Since I hadn't done a lot of cooking while feeling bad, I decided to make it up to Jorge by baking cookies and making candy.  Not exactly a balanced diet, but  he's not complaining.  LOL  A few months ago, Jyl Nipper at The Post-it Place posted a recipe for homemade Butterfinger bars.  I loooove Butterfingers, so I bookmarked the page for later use.  After Christmas, when all the candy went on sale, I stocked up on candy corn just for this reason.  Now, why Walgreen's was selling candy corn at Christmas, I don't know, but a sale is a sale, right?  So, today, I finally decided to take the Butterfinger plunge.  Of course, as usual, I bought the wrong thing, not enough of the right thing, and generally goofed up her perfectly good recipe.  But, as goofs go, this was a good one.  They tasted delicious.  Unfortunately, they're really funny looking.  As in, you'll never see a picture of this mess.  But it tasted good, I promise.  Anyway, here's my goofed-up version of Jyl's Homemade Butterfingers recipe.

HOMEMADE BUTTERFINGERS
adapted from The Post-it Place
1 lb. candy corn
18 oz. jar crunchy peanut butter
2 C semi-sweet chocolate morsels

Melt candy corn in microwave for 1 minute.  Stir and then continue to melt at 30 minute intervals, stirring, until melted.  Stir in peanut butter.  Cover cookie sheet with wax paper and pour mixture onto paper, spreading evenly as possible.  Allow mixture to cool before cutting into squares.  While mixture is cooling, melt morsels in the microwave for 1 minute and stir.  Dip squares into melted chocolate and place on wax paper to set.  

Sounds de-lish, right?  Really, it is.  But as I said, my finished product was so funny-looking no one will ever see what it looked like.  If you want to see what it SHOULD look like, I suggest you click HERE to see Jyl's Homemade Butterfinger Bars.

MUSIC TO COOK BY

 


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.  Morrie Schwartz

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It