Monday, April 2, 2012

HONEY GINGER PORK CHOPS


Happy Monday!  It's a whole new week!  Last week, good or bad, is behind us.  Let go of the past and look toward the future.  

You're probably wondering who in the world is writing this post; it sure doesn't sound like me, does it?!?  Sorry about that; I took my Happy Pill before I started writing and, well, I turned into Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. Don't worry; it wears off.  I'll be myself by the time I hit "Publish Post".  LOL  

But it really is a new week, and I'm happy to be starting off with a new recipe.  We tried this last night for dinner (no pictures, sorry!) and it was, in a word.... dee-lish.   As far as I'm concerned, anytime soy sauce is involved, good things are bound to happen.  Now, if you want to healthify this recipe (yes, that's a made-up word), go with fat-free, low-sodium chicken broth and low-sodium soy sauce.  I was feeling wild and reckless and went with the fat, salty stuff.  And it was goooood.......


Honey Ginger Pork Chops

Serves 4


Ingredients

4 bone-in pork chops
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup soy sauce
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp ground ginger
1 clove garlic
2 Tbsp onion, minced

Brown chops on both sides. Place all sauce ingredients in food processor until smooth. Place in casserole dish sprayed with PAM. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over pork chops. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for one hour. Turn once after 30 minutes and baste. 

MUSIC TO COOK BY



Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

One who looks for a friend without faults will have none.  -Anonymous
=============================================================


=============================================================

CONTACT ME 



0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It