Tuesday, July 31, 2012

EASY ONE POT PASTA

Today is National Jump for Jelly Beans Day.   I don't have any recipes using jelly beans, so    I'll just share something I made up recently.  It was one of those days that I didn't feel like messing up a bunch of pots and pans, and this was the result.  Yeah, it's high in carbs; sorry about that.  You could always use whole wheat pasta if that would make you feel better about things, and you could even leave out the ground chuck or use Boca crumbles.  This is what was in the refrigerator and pantry, so this is what happened.  Oh, and the tomatoes?  Those are some of the Kentucky tomatoes I've been raving about.  I'm getting ready to make another trip up there, so who knows what I may stash in my suitcase on the way home?






EASY ONE POT PASTA


6 tomatoes
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 green bell pepper, diced
1 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp sugar
1 1/4 lbs ground chuck
2 C egg noodles

Combine tomatoes, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, and sugar in food processor.  Pulse until pureed.  In Dutch oven, brown ground beef with onion, garlic, and bell pepper.  Add tomato puree and bring to a boil.  Add egg noodles; cover and let simmer until noodles are tender.

MUSIC TO COOK BY

Ray Charles - Hit the Road Jack on Saturday Live 1996


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

“A friend is like a bowl of Jelly Beans... Good to the bottom of the bowl.”  - Unknown

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It