Monday, November 19, 2012

FARMER'S PORK CHOP SKILLET

In view of the fact that Facebook, Pinterest, and any good Google search will inundate you with a bazillion Thanksgiving ideas, I have decided not to post Thanksgiving recipes this year.  I may repost some from last year throughout the week.  

 

Yay, me!  I finally did it!  I cooked something I pinned!  All that time I spent on Pinterest was not in vain, after all.  ;)  Recently, while pinning happily away, I came across several pins from Sweet Tea and Cornbread.  I took one look and realized that here were pins that could actually be used, as opposed to most of the fantasies on my boards.  There's nothing I like better than finding another blog to follow, so I hopped right on over, made myself at home, and started following and pinning.  Dinner was looming on the horizon, so I decided to try this recipe.  Now, if you've been following this blog for any length of time, you already know that I cannot follow a recipe to the letter.  I always end up making changes.  Not because I think I know more, or because my way is better, but because, to be perfectly honest with you, I like to play in the kitchen.  So, her original recipe is wonderful, and I suggest that you try her way as well as mine.  Either way, it's good!  :)
 



FARMER'S PORK CHOP SKILLET
Adapted from Sweet Tea and Cornbread

4 boneless pork chops
4 medium size potatoed, peeled and quartered
2 carrots, peeled and cut into thirds
1/2 yellow onion, peeled and sliced into rings
1/2 red onion, peeled and sliced into rings
1/2 red bell pepper, sliced into rings
1 packet of chicken gravy mix
2 cups water
Kroger All-Purpose Seasoning
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbsp Crisco

Season the flour with 2 tsp of Kroger All-Purpose Seasoning.  Dredge the pork chops in the flour while heating Crisco in Dutch oven.  Brown the pork chops on both sides.  Sprinkle with a little more Seasoning.  

Add the potatoes, carrots, onions, and bell pepper rings.  Sprinkle mixture with additional Seasoning. Stir together the gravy mix and water.  Pour over mixture.  Bring to a boil; reduce heat.  Cover and let simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes and carrots are tender.   

music to cook by

The Trammps - Disco Inferno 

 

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  :)

 

*******************************************************************************

 

****************************************************************************

 

A lot of Thanksgiving days have been ruined by not carving the turkey in the kitchen. - Kin Hubbard


 









0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It