Monday, March 11, 2013

Know Me Better: Week 2, Day 2

As promised, I have posts scheduled this week to fill the void while I'm.....wait for it....HOLDING MY NEW GRANDDAUGHTER!!!!!!!!  Not that I'm excited or anything...


Here is today's question:

Books they should make into movies

Hannah's Voice by Rob Grindstaff  - The first half of the book, especially, seems visual to me.  I want to see Hannah's face and the scenes in the church; well, I can see it clearly in my head, but I want it on the screen in front of me.
Leaves by Michael Baron  - Again, a great visual novel.  New England in the fall, autumn leaves, a great musical soundtrack, the scenes at the inn....
Unconquered:  The Saga of Cousins Jerry Lee Lewis, Jimmy Swaggart, and Mickey Gilley by J.D. Davis - I don't know who would play these men, but this would be a movie that appealed to fans of rock 'n' roll, religious music, and country music.  If they did it well, it would be a heck of a movie.
Beside a Burning Sea by John Shors - A WWII hospital ship is torpedoed in the South Pacific.  The survivors are stranded on an island, waiting for help.  Someone in their group is a traitor and has given their location to the Japanese. 
Soul's Gate by James L. Rubart  - Christian sci-fi containing traveling inside the souls of others in order to do battle for their souls.  Enough said...
Man in the Blue Moon by Michael Morris -  Set in Apalachicola, Florida during World War I, this murder mystery would have that great Southern setting.  The Florida Panhandle is still beautiful with the coastline and small outlying islands, and scenic country roads leading to small towns with Spanish moss hanging from the trees over the sidewalks. 
 The Charlatan's Boy by Jonathan Rogers - I don't know how to describe this without giving away too much of the plot, but it is another visual experience.
So, there are my picks.  What would you choose?    Remember to check out these other sites on the "Know Me Better" hop:


0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It