Tuesday, March 26, 2013

TOP TEN TUESDAY: TOP TEN BOOKS I RECOMMEND THE MOST

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish



Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most
 
This is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they present a topic, and bloggers from all around share their thoughts. This week's topic is  "Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most".  Now there's a topic I can get into!     These are in no special order, btw.   ;)
 
1.  The Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye.  Whatever your theological views, this is an exciting futuristic/apocalyptic series.
 
                              
2.  The Circle series by Ted Dekker.  Dekker is Christian fiction's answer to Stephen King, and this series is, IMHO, his best work; not that he ever writes any duds.  
 
3.  The Diary of Anne Frank.  Probably one of the most famous books of our time, and with good reason.  If you can, get the recently released edition containing pages edited out by her father, Otto Frank.
 
 4.  Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally.  It is not enough to have seen the movie; read the book.  
 
 5.  Man in the Blue Moon by Michael Morris.  Historical fiction set in Appalachicola, in the Florida Panhandle.  My review.
 
 6.  22 Britannia Road by Amanda Hodgkinson.  I love a good WWII-era story.  My review.
 
7.  Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.  My mother bought this classic for me when I was a child, and I have read it so many times that it is falling apart.  I never tire of this story.
 
8.  The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.  Please, please read this before you go see the new movie with Leonardo DiCaprio!  With all due respect to Leo (cute as ever, of course), it won't be the same.  It may be good, but you have to have the book experience.
 
9.  Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot mysteries.  Not counting Nancy Drew, this was my first introduction of mystery novels, and what an introduction it was!  To this day, I still love a good mystery, and if it's a British mystery, even better.
 
                                
10.  Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes novels.  Really, do I have to explain?  :)
 
                            
 
So, that's my list.  I could probably keep this list going forever, but that's a start.  What about you?  What books do you recommend to others?  
 
 

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It