Monday, November 21, 2011

PUERTO RICAN TURKEY (PAVO AL ESTILO PUERTORIQUENO))


I don't have a lot to blog about, because we have spent the last few days here in Kentucky with my family.  And as enjoyable as that may be for us, it isn't exactly blog-worthy.  Well, to be perfectly honest with you, some of my relatives would make for FASCINATING reading, but libel laws prevent me from going into detail.  And don't feel superior; we all have at least one interesting relative in our closets, now don't we?  : )

Because I haven't gotten my hands on a couple of recipes from Saturday's family dinner, I will go ahead and share one way that I like to season my turkey.  Now, this may be different from what you are accustomed to, but I assure you that it is wonderful.  

PUERTO RICAN TURKEY

Whole turkey       
5 peppercorns       
1 Tbsp oregano               
2-3 Tbsp salt
2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
3 Tbsp olive oil
juice of 1 lemon

Grind peppercorns and oregano.  Add garlic and salt.  Mash to a paste.  Add lemon juice and oil.  Lift the skin carefully without tearing.  Put mixture up under the skin as far as it will go.   Spread mixture inside, as well..  Marinate 2 hours or overnight in refrigerator.  Follow regular manner of baking turkey.    I recommend using Reynolds™ Oven Bags , rather than basting.

MUSIC TO COOK BY

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

An optimist is a person who starts a new diet on Thanksgiving Day.  ~Irv Kupcinet

CONTACT ME
TAGS:  PUERTO RICAN TURKEY, HOLIDAY
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF PUERTO RICAN RECIPES 
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF TURKEY RECIPES



0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It