Tuesday, December 6, 2011

AUNT BARBARA'S SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND DRESSING

Just when you thought there were no more Thanksgiving recipes, here's one more.  This year, at Family Dinner #1, my Aunt Barbara (if you read Mamaw's Potato Salad, you may remember her) brought Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing.  Nothing makes me happier than a new slow cooker recipe (which just proves that I need a life outside my kitchen), so I wasted no time asking for the recipe.  She was kind enough to share it with me, and now, I'm sharing it with you.  Trust me; it was great!

SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND DRESSING

2 cans of cream of chicken soup
5 c cornbread crumbs
2 c biscuit or bread crumbs
1- 14 oz. can chicken broth
2 eggs, beaten
1 med onion, minced
1 c celery, minced
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 1/2 tsp sage
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
1/2 c water

Cook onion and celery in butter until tender.  Pour water and 1/2 can of soup in slow cooker.  Mix crumbs, one can of soup, broth, eggs, onion, celery, pepper and sage.  Put a layer of chopped chicken in slow cooker and top with a layer of crumb mixture.  Repeat, making 3 layers.  Top mixture with 1/2 can of soup.  Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.

The arrow on the right is pointing to the
 chicken and dressing.
I know I didn't get a good, clear picture, but that's because as I was aiming my camera, I looked up and found my family looking at me like I had lost my mind.  Apparently, they don't take pictures of their food....oh, well.....

BAKEAHOLIC MAMA'S GIVEAWAY: 
CUISINART IMMERSION HAND BLENDER 
Bakeaholic Mama is giving away a Cuisinart Smart Stick 200 Watt Immersion Hand Blender.  I don't know about you, but I've been looking at these for quite awhile.  If I don't win, maybe Santa will read this and remember that I like Silver/Chrome appliances.  : )  Anyway, get over there and check out her blog.  And don't forget to tell her I sent you....

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

It is Christmas in the heart that puts Christmas in the air.  ~W.T. Ellis

CONTACT ME 

TAGS:  chicken, slow cooker, dressing
Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Slow Cooker Recipes
Very Good Recipes - Kingdom of Chicken

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It