Thursday, December 8, 2011

HOMESTYLE CORN

DISCLAIMER:  There is no really good excuse for this short post, except that I felt lousy yesterday and didn't even want to think about food, much less write about it.  So, in the interest of keeping my blog up-to-date, I wrote about the corn I had cooked a few days ago. And then, I forgot to publish until now.  Sad.... Not a fascinating subject, but the corn was good.  Really.

There really isn't much to say on this subject, except that I was wanting fresh corn and it's December and I don't have any fresh corn.  Since I had to make do with the bought stuff, I combined two types and we decided it was pretty good.  Considering it's canned and frozen, I mean.  I'll just have to wait until summer rolls around again for the good stuff.

HOMESTYLE CORN

1 c frozen corn
1 - 14 oz. can cream style corn
1/4 c water
1 tsp bacon grease
1 pinch of salt
freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.  Bring to a boil. Cover and let simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.


BOBBI'S 1K GIVEAWAY!
Don't forget that Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen is having a giveaway to celebrate hitting that 1,000 mark.  Go over, offer your congratulations, and enter her giveaway. And don't forget to check out her recipes!

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

Christmas is not as much about opening our presents as opening our hearts.  ~Janice Maeditere
CONTACT ME

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It