Friday, December 2, 2011

CHICKEN CACCIATORE

Today, I decided to take a break from posting holiday recipes and show what I cooked for dinner a couple of days ago.  We like pasta dishes; we like chicken;  there was chicken in the refrigerator and pasta in the pantry; it was inevitable.  I called this Chicken Cacciatore because it had to have a name and I couldn't come up with anything original.  Should it really be called that?  I don't know, but you know what they say:  chicken by any name would still be chicken.  Or something like that.  

CHICKEN CACCIATORE

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small pieces
Italian seasoning, to taste
olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 c white wine
14.5 oz Italian style diced tomatoes
8-oz. can tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 bay leaf
1-4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 tsp dried parsley
shaved Parmesan
Pasta, cooked and drained

Season chicken pieces with Italian seasoning, to taste.  Pour enough olive oil to cover bottom of skillet (once again, I used my cast iron skillet). Cook chicken unti lightly browned.  Remove chicken from pan.  Deglaze pan with wine.  Saute onion and garlic with spices until tender.  Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and mushrooms; bring to a boil.  Add chicken to pan; cover and bring to a boil again.  Cover and let simmer 30 minutes.  Top with shaved Parmesan, if desired.  Serve over spaghetti or fettuccine with warm garlic bread.


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.  ~Charles Dickens

CONTACT ME 

TAGS: CHICKEN, PASTA, ITALIAN
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF CHICKEN

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It