Sunday, December 11, 2011

BAKED SPICY WINGETTES

Lately, I've been going through my pantry and freezer trying to clear some stuff out to make room for all the Christmas foods in my future.  Sometimes, the best ideas happen when I'm just trying to get rid of things.  I had several packages of chicken wingettes taking up space in my freezer, so I decided to use them.  Even though we really like fried chicken (who doesn't?) I know we shouldn't eat fried foods all the time.  So, I put my little thinking cap on and came up with a recipe for baked chicken wings.  And since we didn't eat all of them the first night (there's just the two of us, and really, we don't eat as much as you would think from reading this blog), I had to do something with the leftovers.  And that's where the second recipe comes from.



BAKED SPICY WINGETTES

3 lbs chicken wingettes
1 c bread crumbs
1 Tbsp onion powder
1 Tbsp paprika
1 Tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp Cajun seasoning
1 c buttermilk
1 egg, beaten







Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. Combine crumbs and seasonings in a shallow dish. Dip wingettes in egg wash and then dredge in crumb mixture. Spray a baking dish or sheet with cooking spray. Bake in preheated oven at 450 degrees for 45 minutes.

SPICY BARBECUE WINGETTES

leftover Baked Spicy Wingettes
2 c barbecue sauce
2 tsp Louisiana Original Hot Sauce
1/4 tsp Cajun seasoning

Mix barbecue sauce with hot sauce and seasoning. Place leftover wingettes in baking dish. Pour sauce over wingettes. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.


The second night, we were hungry and ate them before I could get a picture. No self-control, whatsoever......

Until next time, Happy Cooking! : )



Christmas is a season for kindling the fire for hospitality in the hall, the genial flame of charity in the heart. - Washington Irving
CONTACT ME
TAGS:  chicken, wings, baked, barbecue, leftovers
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF CHICKEN
VERY GOOD RECIPES - KINGDOM OF AMERICAN RECIPES
VERY GOOD RECIPES -KINGDOM OF BARBECUE

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It