Wednesday, December 14, 2011

SMORGIE: A MUST FOR FOODIES






 If you're like me, you just asked, "What in the name of Julia Child is a Smorgie?"  It sounds like either a marshmallow-y snack enjoyed around the campfire, or perhaps the name of the latest Muppet.  It's neither.  Smorgie is a great new website that allows foodies like us to list our favorite restaurants and then share those lists with others.  I was given the opportunity to try out the site in order to write a review, and I'm glad I did.


Smorgie.com
Jorge and I have always enjoyed finding new restaurants in our travels and at home, but sometimes after time passes, we can't always remember the name of that great little restaurant we enjoyed.  Now we can keep track of where we've been so that we can return and also recommend these places to our friends and family.  The best thing about this site is that it allows you to make notes on each restaurant.  This is a good place to remind yourself what you ordered, so that if you liked it, you know what you want next time, and if you weren't happy (and that can happen), you know what to avoid.  Also, since the site does not (at this time) have a space for customers to submit reviews, the Notes section would be a good place to write a short review.  The only drawback that I encountered was that several of my restaurants were not already in their database and had to be entered manually.  I'm sure as the site grows, this problem will be solved.  All in all, a great site for anyone who enjoys social networking and dining out.  I plan to peruse other people's lists so that when we travel, we'll know where to find a restaurant.  If you join, my username is SELFTAUGHTCOOK; look for me, friend me, and we'll be able to compare lists!  : )

Here is my list page.  As you can see, I have been very busy listing restaurants!

DISCLAIMER:  This sponsorship is brought to you by Smorgie.com who we have partnered with for this promotion.

Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )


0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It