Tuesday, June 19, 2012

LASAGNA


It probably seems as though I've been rather quiet lately, but things have been hectic around here.  But I want you to know, I haven't forgotten you, and Lord knows, we haven't quit eating.  LOL  This week, my parents are visiting from Kentucky.  They arrived in time for Father's Day, and I know how blessed I am to still have him here with me. 

Anyway, here's one of my tried and true family favorites:  

LASAGNA

½ lb ground beef 1 tsp salt
½ lb Italian sausage 1/8 tsp pepper
1 clove garlic, minced    2 ½ C tomatoes
½ onion, minced ½ lb mozzarella cheese
1-8oz. can tomato sauce ½ lb lasagna noodles
1 lb Ricotta cheese ½ C Parmesan cheese, grated                                                            

Brown beef, sausage, garlic and onion over medium heat; drain.  Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, salt and pepper.  Simmer 30 minutes.  Cook noodles; drain.  Cover bottom of greased baking dish with ½ beef and tomato mixture.  Place noodles until beef is covered.  Spread ricotta on noodles.  Sprinkle ½ of mozzarella and parmesan.  Repeat.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

===============================================


music to cook by

Adele - Now And Then


Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

"A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." -  Billy Graham, Christian Evangelist

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It